040 - 4006 8383 / 4006 8384
Minister Road, Next to KIMS Hospital,
Secunderabad, View Map / Location
Group therapy is where several people with a similar problem are offered Psychotherapy at the same time. We have developed a number of group therapies which are suitably modified to suit our cultural and social environment. We offer following group therapies.
- Stress and Anxiety management
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for O.C.D
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Depression
- Alcohol De-addiction
- Assertiveness Skills
- Social skill training
- Anger management
- Parents group for Behaviour Modification in Children
All the above therapies are available on Individual Therapy basis as well.
More about Group Therapy :
Group therapy is usually offered to a group of 6 to 20 persons . The number of sessions vary from 6 to 12 and they take place usually on a weekly basis. Group members usually present with similar problem , for example , lack of assertiveness.
Benefits of Group therapy:
- Universality : Finding many others with similar problem makes people realise that they are not alone and the problem is universal.
- Instillation of hope : Seeing some people improving gives hope to others in the group. Group therapy also allows people to receive support and encouragement from other members.
- Development of socialization technique : The safe and supportive group setting allows group members to experiment without the fear of failure.
- Interpersonal learning: By interacting with other people and receiving feed back from the group and therapist, each individual can gain a greater understanding of himself.
- Altruism : Group members are able to share their strengths and help others in the group, which can boost self confidence.
- Catharsis: Sharing feelings and experiences in a group can help relieve pain, stress or guilt.
- Group therapy is cost effective.
How to join Group Therapy:
Since group therapy requires a minimum number of persons, we start a group after certain number of people register. If you are interested in any of the above groups, please contact us by mail/phone. You can also watch our events page for forthcoming group therapies.
For more enquiries contact us at 040-4006 8383 or 040-4006 8384
Email us at email@example.com